Saturday, 28 June 2014

Tameshigiri

We had another cutting class today at Sensei's house - it was beautiful but quite warm. We could only stay for the cutting and not the socializing afterwards as we have our last concert in the Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival today (look for a longish overview post on the festival tomorrow).

I was able to cut double thin mats (limited cuts, but good ones), and got to re-connect with Stacia who will training at our dojo for the summer. Looking forward to that!

Here's the really cool thing - before the cutting began, just after a review of the rules for the cutting class, Sensei announced to the whole group that I had achieved my Shodan rank!!!!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

Here are a couple of photos of the old lady cutting wara (bent back issues due to disability, but still clean cuts):
 

No comments:

Post a Comment